Manual/eye drop tipps
Eye drops are saline-containing drops used as an ocular route to administer. Keep in mind that drops should be taken as directed, avoid mixing them with one another and as a result it should be absorbed by the eye. It is very important, not to touch the eyelids, eyelashes with the dropper tip cause it can hurt and infected your eye. Take this step-by-step rules in case to put your drops in a right way. But only after your eye care professional give you a prescription.
❗ASK YOUR EYE DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SIGNS:
• You might find yourself a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices you have at the local pharmacy. You must remember that not all the prescription eye drops available for persistent conditions. Simply grabbing the cheapest option or by the pharmacist advice you may even worsen your eye condition.
• After reading the instructions, you have found contraindications for use. It is prohibited to refuse treatment by yourself and avoid eye drops prescribed by your doctor. Patients often misunderstand what is written in the instructions. To continue treatment or get another appointment - talk to your eye doctor.
✅EYE DROP TIPPS?
1. Always wash your hands before handling your eye drops
2. Use one hand to pull your lower eyelid down, this forms a pocket to catch the drop.
3. With the help of the other hand try to squeeze the bottle and let the drop fall right down on an eye surface between your eyelids.
4. Close your eyes for about 1 minute and do not blink.
5. Apply gentle pressure to your tear ducts, where the eyelid meets the nose with the help of your little finger. Hold it as long as your ophthalmologist recommends –before opening your eyes. This gives the drop time to be absorbed by the eye, instead of draining into your nose.
6. Wipe any unabsorbed drops from your closed lids or from your cheeks with a tissue.
❓WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I PUT IN MORE THAN 1 DROP?
Take it easy, If you are putting in more than one drop or more, wait 10 seconds before putting the next drop in, continue put the drops till you realize that this drop is on the eye surface and not on your cheeks, for example.
❓If you need to put more than one eye-drop:
Just drop once and after that wait for 1 till 3minutes and drop once again.
❓If it is a multiple prescription:
• Since the first eye drop can wash away the second eyedrop if instilled in the eye too quickly, it is recommended to wait 5 minutes between installing different types of eye drops (or at least 3 minutes if you are in a rush).
• Follow the sequence as in your prescription written by your doctor-firstly, use eye drops which marked by first number, than wait for 5minutes and use the second marked eye drops and so on and so force.
❓WHAT IS FOR BIDDEN?
Caution❗ Take care not to let the tip of the eye drop bottle touch your eye surface or eyelashes. The dropper tip can hurt and infected your eye .
Don’t screw up your eyes hard after the installation of the eyedrops, even if it hurt you a little bit, cause you can push the drops out of your eye, preventing maximum absorption.
Do not install eyedrops in the corner of your eyes it is wrong and unuseful.